AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 4,200 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
As the Junior/EIT Structural Engineer, you will provide support to senior engineers in the analysis and design of structures and applicable standards by reviewing and drafting detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts for products & projects, ensuring conformance to specifications.
Reporting directly to the Manager of Global Engineering, you will work closely with senior engineers in the analysis and design of structural projects.
- Provide support to senior engineers in the analysis and design of structures and applicable standards
- Assist in the analysis of current structural designs and components, providing input on improvements accordingly
- Prepare structural models using Risa 3D or SAP2000
- Review/draft detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts for products & project and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Calculate pressures, loads and stresses accurately and efficiently
- Prepare technical reports, memorandums, and presentations
- Review drawings, calculations, specifications, and other engineering documentation for compliance with client requirements, AGI engineering practice, codes, and standards
- Work collaboratively with internal and external business partners, including but not limited to engineers, project managers and sales.
- Ensure that all work assigned is completed timely and accurately
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from a recognized University
- 1-2 years of experience in structural steel and concrete design
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) in Canada or in progress to become one
- General understanding of different construction methods and materials
- Experience using Risa 3D and SAP 2000 would be considered an asset
- AutoCAD and ability to read drawings
- Ability to conceptualize designs and understand constructability
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly detail orientated and focused on quality output of work
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to think analytically
- Ability to exercise good judgment, initiative, and a strong work ethic
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to work in complex environment often driven by project deadlines
- Strong verbal, written communication skills
- Sound problem solving abilities, and proven understanding of mathematics
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Understanding and application of steel and building codes AISC and ASCE is essential
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply Today button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.