Meet Fireguard®, the evolution of fire-rated above ground storage tanks (AST).
A huge leap from "first generation" ASTs which were merely enclosed in concrete, Fireguard® provides the advanced safety and dependability you expect from Westeel. Best of all, it's manufactured by Westeel to meet or exceed all national environmental and hazardous liquids regulations.
Fireguard's unique thermal insulating material is 75% lighter than concrete, reducing shipping, installation and relocation costs
- Insulates product in tank from ambient temperature variations, reducing emissions to the environment
- Primary and secondary tank can be tightness tested on site with standard testing procedures, unlike other designs
- Steel outer wall provides low cost maintenance and protection from weathering and cracking
- Primary storage tank and secondary containment compatible with a wide range of fuels and chemicals, including biodiesel and ethanol
- Support designs available for all seismic requirements
- Interstitial space can be monitored for leak detection
- Meets temperature requirements when the furnace test was extended to 4 hours
- Provides secondary containment and enclosed in a fire, impact and ballistic resistive encasement
Fireguard® meets all of these standards:
- ULC S655 (ULC/ORD C142.16) standard for "protected" aboveground tank assemblies for flammable and combustible liquids
- Ballistics and impact protection per ULC S655
- US models listed to UL 2085
- Canadian national (NFC & NFC section 4.3.2), Provicial, US (NFPA 30 & 30A) and International (IFC) fire code regulations
- Both inner and outer steel tanks are built to ULC standards
- Steel Tank Institute (STI) Standard F941 for Thermally Insulated Aboveground Storage Tanks
Compatible with a wide range of fuels and chemicals, including biodiesel and ethanol.
Fireguard® tanks are manufactured under license from STI.
- Tank Gauges
- Custom Colors
- Split/Multi Compartments
- Remote/Bottom Fill
- Turn Key Systems
- Overfill Protection